Saturday, January 26, 2008

"Defeat the Winter Doldrums" Dishcloth Swap Weekly Topic # 2

Weekly Topic # 2
There are many people who ADORE receiving hand-knit or crochet items; but there are just as many who have no appreciation whatever of how much love, work, and time goes into a hand-made item. Share a story of a hand-made gift you gave to someone and how it worked out - good, bad, or ugly!

I recently made over 30 hats for holiday gifts and was feverishly trying to finish so carried knitting where ever I went. Then while waiting to get my nails done, my manicurist and the client she was working on commented on how great it was that I knit and wish they could. They then commented on how as children and teenagers they hated the homemade gifts but NOW they really would like some and wish they had kept some of the knitted items they had received. So I promptly made each of them hats!! It is a JOY to give things I make to people who really appreciate them. It is a JOY just to be able to make someone happy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How cool! It is so fun to make things for people who appreciate them.

What kind of hats are you making?

What pattern are you using?

Pictures????!!!! hee hee

Did you make the hat your little grandbaby is wearing?

~Swap Partner
Defeat the Doldrums